“We’re excited about this one, an absolutely brilliant opportunity for an experienced Tax Advisor to progress their career to Head of Tax level with a market leading Industry firm”
About the Company
A market leading, global Engineering company who really look after their people.
About the Job
This is a key role within the senior management team and will report to the Director of Finance. You will be responsible for having oversight for the tax affairs of all group entities, globally and will play a key role in strategic and commercial decision making, ensuring robust consideration of taxation implications in all decisions.
- All corporate tax affairs for entities in UK, Europe, Australia, EMEA and Asia.
- Management of global tax compliance for corporate taxes, which is outsourced to advisers, and current and deferred tax accounting for all group entity accounts.
- Leadership of the UK RDEC and patent box claims and processes, to optimise the tax reliefs available to the group.
- Provide technical support and advice to the Finance team on all indirect tax matters globally, including review of indirect tax compliance in UK, USA, and multiple European jurisdictions.
- Provide pragmatic, commercially focussed tax advice and support to the business on all new business initiatives, including any new entities, market, acquisitions, or other commercial transactions.
- Leadership of any tax audits, being the primary point of contact for HMRC and other tax authorities.
- Management of all transfer pricing tax risks/issues.
- Oversee the annual tax budget and control all tax advisory costs.
- Management of all corporate tax payments including instalment payments, in all jurisdictions above.
- Work closely with key internal functions such as Legal, to provide tax input to all key customer, and supplier contracts.
- Provide tax advice to Supply Chain on any VAT or Customs queries.
- Provide tax support to Talent team on any tax related payroll or mobility issues.
- Ensure all external stakeholders have been communicated with appropriately and timely and all relationships are appropriately managed.
Your skills & experience
You will be an experienced Tax professional and be a Chartered Tax Advisor or a qualified Accountant who trained in Tax with 5+ years post-qualified experience. Ideally you will have demonstrable exposure across various Tax types with a focus on Corporate Tax. You will have the the drive and ambition to grow this role and make it your own.
Our client would encourage Tax professionals from both Practice & Industry backgrounds to apply. This business places major emphasis upon cultural fit which is really refreshing.
Why Apply for this?
- Market leading salary & exciting benefits package
- Majorly pivotal strategic positions reporting to the FD
- Hybrid working and a common sense approach to flexibility
- On-site parking
- Varied role across all Taxes
- Excellent experienced and welcoming team
- A genuinely achievable work/life balance
- Autonomous environment and a role to make your own.
For further information on this opportunity or if you are considering the next step in your career get in touch with Mark Downey in complete confidence, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Check our the latest finance roles below –