Assistant Accountant Job in Co Armagh
“An excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant in a global organisation with a market leading Salary and superb progression opportunities. This role is directly reporting to the FC”
About the Company
A global organisation who operate out of various locations throughout both the UK and Ireland. They have an established base in Co Armagh and are a forward thinking innovative company. They are looking for the right candidate to join their established finance team.
About the Assistant Accountant Job
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller you will enjoy a varied role which will be focused assisting in preparation of the Management Accounts and Assisting in month end close process, including areas such as:
- Part of a strong team managing all day-to-day accounting operations including all financial ledgers, accounts receivable and payable, bank & cash, inventory accounting,
- Data processing from purchase orders to invoicing, maintaining creditor and debtor ledgers
- Support with the preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting in accordance with Group policies and deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly rolling financial forecasts and budgets.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial forecasts for both profit and loss and cashflow
- Preparation of KPI reports
- Assistance in operational production run reporting
- Work closely with the financial accountant to implement and ensure
- Complete Balance Sheet reconciliations in line with agreed standards.
- Intrastat / EC Sales
- Assist in change management and process improvement projects.
- Perform various financial and data analyses as required.
- Any other duties or projects deemed to be within reason/competence by the Finance Director
Your skills & experience
- Part Qualified Accountant, Studying towards ACCA or CIMA accreditation
- Previous experience in a Finance role in (Ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong I.T. systems user, particularly MS Excel. Experience of SAP and Hyperion would be an advantage.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to challenge the status quo with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Ability to work within designated deadlines and have effective time management skills to deliver requirements.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others and work effectively across functions.
Why Apply for this?
- Market Leading Salary
- Global company with opportunity for progression
- Early Finish on a Friday – Great working Hours!
- Well established finance team
For further information on this opportunity or if you are considering the next step in your career get in touch with Daryl Hunter in complete confidence.