Job Title: Junior Accountant
Salary: €35,000+ (depending on experience)
Benefits: Healthcare for you & your family, Pension, Hybrid working (2 days from home), Bonus, yearly salary review, Flexi-time
Exciting Career Opportunity in Dublin 1
With an extensive track record of providing cutting-edge biometric identity verification solutions, this company has been at the forefront of this technology for over two decades.
Your Role and Impact
As a member of our Finance team, you will work alongside nine colleagues with a wide range of responsibilities. Your primary objective will be to provide critical support, aligning with the core success factors of our business, and continually exploring opportunities for process enhancement. In this role, you will report directly to our Senior Finance Manager, offering an exceptional opportunity to gain exposure within a multinational technology company operating across multiple jurisdictions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience: A minimum of 2+ years of accounting experience in a commercial environment.
- Certification: You are either a part-qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA accountant or an accounting graduate/qualified MIATI looking to embark on the ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualification journey.
- Technical Proficiency: A demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, with a particular emphasis on Excel.
- Analytical and Communication Skills: Strong analytical abilities paired with effective communication skills.
- Independence: An ability to work autonomously.
- Organizational Prowess: Exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, with a strong commitment to follow through to successful completion.
- Attention to Detail: Keen attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness: The capability to promptly handle spontaneous and diverse requests, ensuring the delivery of error-free results.
- Maintenance and adherence to compliance requirements.
- Oversight of supplier management and the Accounts Payable function.
- Ensuring proper approvals for all expenditures and payments.
- Accurate recording of bank account transactions and reconciliation.
- Thorough reconciliation of corporate credit cards.
- Responsible for filing VAT/GST/Sales tax returns across various jurisdictions.
- Posting month-end manual journals for prepayments and accruals.
- Assisting in additional month-end procedures for management accounts.
- Scrutinizing and validating employee expense claims in accordance with company policies.
- Managing control and reconciliation of employee travel advances.
- Preparation of year-end audit files.
- Assisting in addressing year-end audit inquiries.
Other Areas of Responsibility:
- Assisting with the treasury function and maintenance of foreign bank accounts.
- Calculating commissions.
- Preparing cost reports for customer projects.
- Rapid response to projects and providing support for ad-hoc exercises as needed.
- Evaluating and enhancing internal controls and ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, while continuously improving processes within the department.
Please note that additional duties may be assigned as the department evolves and our business expands.
What They Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Study package support to facilitate the completion of professional exams.
- A flexible work environment that promotes a balanced work/life schedule for you and your family, among other advantages.