Job Description: Fund Accountant
Salary: €55,000 + 15% bonus
Benefits: Pension, Health Insurance and dental straight away, Bike to Work + Tax Saver, Education Support, Hybrid: 2-3 days a week in the office
Company Overview: Timeliness and precision are paramount in this role, as you will play a pivotal role in supporting our financial operations. If you are enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and have a deep understanding of finance, we invite you to join our team.
- Collaborate with cost owners to prepare budgets for fund launches.
- Review fee agreements and engage with internal stakeholders and service users to ensure proper fee utilization.
- Present budgets to management and communicate them to external service providers.
2. Allocation of Shared Costs
- Prepare working documents for the allocation of shared costs to the correct entities.
- Maintain accurate records of cost allocations.
3. Accrual Review
- Conduct reviews of managed funds’ accruals against budgeted amounts.
- Identify and address over/under accruals.
- Ensure accurate allocation among share classes.
4. Payment Review
- Review payments to be made by the Funds.
- Compare payments against accruals and budget figures.
5. Management of Fund Charges
- Review the computation of Ongoing Charges and Transaction Costs for Fund Administrators.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency with the budget and regulatory requirements (UCITs KIID/ PRIIPs KID).
6. Financial Reporting
- Review annual and semi-annual financial statements of UCITS Funds.
- Ensure accurate and complete disclosures within financial statements.
- Collaborate with external auditors during the audit process.
7. Internal Controls
- Apply extensive experience in internal controls, checklists, and procedures.
- Collaborate with internal audit teams to drive improvements in our operating model.
8. CFO Reporting
- Assist and support the CFO in special projects and requests.
- Prepare periodic reports for the Board of Directors.
9. Reconciliation and Queries
- Perform reconciliation tasks and effectively handle queries with internal and external parties.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, with the ability to analyze and summarize extensive datasets.
- Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Additional certifications such as ACA/ACCA are advantageous.
- 2-3 years of experience in a Fund accounting role.
- 5+ years of experience in the Finance Industry, preferably in Asset Management.
- Familiarity with expenses charged to funds and understanding associated fee agreements.
- Strong knowledge of financial products and financial markets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and eager to learn.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within the Finance team.
If you meet these requirements and are ready to contribute to our finance function, we encourage you to apply. Your attention to detail and financial expertise will be invaluable in ensuring our financial operations run smoothly and efficiently.