£26000 - £28500
Our client is a well-known public-sector organisation seeking a finance assistant on a permanent basis. This organisation offers hybrid working, a competitive salary and lots of career progression.
About the potential next-step
• £26,000 – £28,5000
• Hybrid working
• Office – Belfast
• 19% pension contribution
• 32 holidays
• Learning and development opportunities
• Employee service
• Social events
• Career progression
• Career development
About the role
• Responsible for managing the accounts receivable ledger, which involves generating sales invoices, processing settlements, and accurately entering sales invoices into the Finance System.
• Assisting in month-end preparations to ensure timely and precise completion of various tasks, such as reconciling ticket sales, managing deferred income, conducting bank reconciliations, handling accruals and prepayments, overseeing purchase order control, and managing accruals.
• Maintaining the purchase ledger, including tasks such as setting up new suppliers, matching supplier invoices with Purchase Orders, assigning appropriate codes, ensuring proper authorization of invoices, and accurately inputting invoices into the Finance System.
• Handling credit control activities and performing monthly reconciliation of the debtor ledger. Support the strategic planning process by providing financial insights, assisting in setting financial targets, and evaluating business initiatives.
The ideal person:
• Either be a fully qualified accounting technician through the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), or the Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland (IATI) or have a qualification recognised to be of similar standard to AAT/IATI. Or have 3 years’ experience in a financial role if you do not hold the relevant
• Have a minimum of five GCSEs (Grades A-C) including English and Maths or
equivalent qualifications; and
• Have two years’ relevant experience of operating a sales and purchase ledger using a computerised financial system.
For a confidential discussion about this role or other career opportunities get in touch with HIREIQ Finance.
Sales Ledger Accounts Payable Ledger
Work From Home hybrid Flexitime pension
Don't see your dream job posted? No problem, just reach out.Let us know