Fund Accounting Manager Job in Belfast
Permanent • Belfast
Fund Accounting Manager – Belfast with work from home options + additional benefits
About the company
We are supporting an award winning and ever growing financial services company to recruit a Funds Manager for their Belfast office. This company have recently gone through a period of significant growth and have a few exciting plans for the future.
About the job
Responsible for the planning and delivery of the client accounting requirements in compliance with the Company’s contractual obligations. As part of the management team will be involved in strategic development, and the training and development of the accounting team.
• Develop and maintain the process to ensure the timely delivery of client accounting requirements in relation to financial reports and accounts private and listed funds and related entities such as management companies, general partners, holding companies, feeder vehicles and co investment schemes.
• Be sure that current accounting standards and best practice principles are applied to the accounts production process and are kept current as such standards and principles develop.
• Work with clients and other professional advisers to agree timetables for the production of annual, interim and management accounts.
• Attend board meetings and client meetings as required to present accounts and other operating matters to the board and ensure that representatives of the team who attend such meetings are fully briefed and are familiar with the issues which are to be considered by the board.
• Liaise with auditors in order to ensure the timely completion of audits for fund and fund related entities and ensure that regulatory and statutory reporting requirements are met.
• Ensure that continuing obligations of stock exchange listed entities are met in so far as they relate to the financial accounting responsibilities.
• Manage and develop the structure and reporting lines within the accounting team and to determine the required staffing levels and ensure that candidates are recruited.
• Motivate staff, maintain quality control measures and seek to constantly to improve departmental and individual performance.
• Provide for the necessary training facilities to equip staff to fulfil their responsibilities and ensure that staff objectives and management goals are agreed and clearly stated.
• Ensure that the team’s procedures are documented, followed and frequently reviewed and improved.
• Facilitate clear communications throughout the team by (inter alia) weekly departmental meetings to review work in progress.
• Assist in the preparation of fee quotations for new business opportunities and meet with potential clients.
Your skills and experience
Why apply for this
ACA Audit Funds Hedge Funds